Rules and Regulations of the Association
RULES AND REGULATIONS FO THE ASSOCIATION
Property and Assets of the Association:
Subscriptions for the Members, Donations, Financial assistances from Government or any Organization, and any receipts in Cash or kind are the property and assets of the association. Such properties are the assets of the association and shall not be distributed amongst the members of the Association.
- Executive Committee meeting: The meeting shall be conducted once in 3 months. The members of the Managing Committee shall discuss the activities of the previous season to chalk out programmes for the next season. The Executive Committee members are participants of the meeting.
- Annual General Body Meeting: Annual General Body meeting shall be conducted every year. The annual Accounts & Reports shall be submitted in this meeting for the approval of the AGM. The election of the Executive Committee Members is the duty of this meeting.
- Special General Body Meeting: The secretary of the Association shall call such meetings at any time as per the orders of the President. The President, upon the written request of 1/3rd of the total number of General members can instruct the secretary to convene such meetings.
All the meetings shall be conducted with the Quorum of 1/3rd majority. In case the quorum is not there such meeting shall be postponed and reconvened after 30 minutes.
Executive Committee Election:
Election for Executive Committee shall be conducted in the General Body Meeting of the Association every three years. The elections shall be conducted through secret ballot method and through postal ballot in case of members not present during elections.
Executive Committee, its Tenure and Duties:
The Executive Committee shall consist of 8 members among them one President, one Vice-President, one Secretary, one Treasurer & Five members and their term of office is three years. To appoint members, remove members from their membership; conduct quarterly, Annual General Body meetings, to motivate members to work of the success of the objectives of the association and to do all activities to promote the main objectives of the Association.
Functions, Power & Duties of the Executive Committee Members:
President is the Executive Head of the Association; He shall preside over all the meetings of the Association. All the activities of the Association shall be carried on with the guidance and instruction of the President, and shall operate band accounts jointly with Secretary and Treasurer.
The Vice-President shall carry on all the duties of the President during the absence of the President.
He shall call the Meetings such as Executive Committee meeting, Annual General Body meeting, Special General Body meeting. Shall keep all the records and minutes of the meetings, shall look after and shall keep all the records and minutes of the meetings, shall look after and manage all the activities fo the Association under the guidance and instructions of the President. He shall operate the band accounts jointly with President and Treasurer of the Association. In his absence the Treasurer and President are authorized to sign the cheques.
He/she shall be the custodian of all the Assets and Records of the Association; he/she shall maintain all the documents, Bills, Receipts, Vouchers, Statutory Books. He/she shall get the Accounts audited every year and present the same in the Annual General Body meeting. He/she shall operate the Bank accounts jointly with the President and Secretary of the Association. For any expenditure of Rs. 20,000/- and above the approval must be sought at a special meeting convened for the same purpose. It must be approved by the majority of the members of the Executive Committee.
Executive Committee members: The members of the Executive Committee shall co-operate and assists the other Executive Committee members in the smooth running of the Association and to do all activities for achieving the objectives of the Association.
Meeting Notice and other formalities:
The Secretary of the Association shall send all the meeting notices to the members through Reg. post or Muddam, 30 days prior notice for Annual General Body meeting. 07 days prior notice for special General Body meetings shall be sent to the members of the Association. In such notices the Date, Place, Time and the Agenda of the meeting should be mentioned.
Register of members and other Statutory Books:
The members Register with all the details of the members i.e Name, Fathers name, address, age & Profession the member, Accounts Books, AGM, Special AGM and Executive Committee Books shall also be kept in the Reg. Office of the Association.
Bank account of the Association:
Bank accounts shall be opened in any Nationalized banks and shall be operated by the President/Secretary and Treasurer of the Association jointly.
The Annual accounts of the Association shall be kept from 1st April to 31st March every year, however the first accounting year shall be ending on 31st March 2016.
Office working hours:
The office of the Association shall work from 9 am to 11 am and 4.30 pm to 8.30 pm except on Government holidays and special days, only a week prior to dates on which programmes are scheduled.
- The Executive Committee is responsible to the accounts audited by the Charted Accountant selected in the AGM every year and submit all the relevant documents to the Register Societies as per Sec.13 of the KSR. Act and receive the acknowledgement.
- While preparing the Memorandum & Articles, Rules & Regulations of the Association Sec.9 of the KSR Act shall be followed.
- While making any amendments to the Memorandum and Articles, Rules and Regulations of the Association Sec. 10 of the KSR Act shall be followed.
- While merging of the Association with any other Association having similar objects of this Association Sec. 21 of the KSR Act shall be followed.
- Dissolution clause: In the event of discussion or winding up, Sec. 22 of the KSR Act shall be followed. While doing such transitions no Member shall share the profit part of the association and here Sec.23 of the KSR Act shall be followed. In such an event the assets remaining as on the date of dissolution shall under no circumstances be distributed among the members of the of the Executive Committee or the Governing body. The same shall be transferred to another charitable society whose objects are similar to those of this society and which enjoys recognition under Sec. 80G of the Income Tax Act. 1961 and as amended from time to time. The Assocation shall maintain its accounts regularly and also get them audited by the certified Chartered Accountant.
- The funds of the Association shall be invested in the mode specified under the provisions of Sec. 13(1) (d) r.w.s 11(5) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time on the advice of the C.A
- Amendment Clause: No amendments to the Memorandum of Association/Bye Laws/Rules & Regulations shall be made which may prove to be repugnant to the provisions of Sections 2(15), 11, 12, 13 $ 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961 as amended from time to time. Further No amendment shall be carried out without the prior approval of the commissioner of Income Tax. If the original deed or documents shall be altered as registered documents only.
- The Association formed shall irrevocable.
- The benefits of the Association shall be open to all the sections of society irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
- The funds and income of the Association shall be utilized for the attainment of its objectives. No portion of its surplus shall be utilized for payment by the way of profit interest, dividends etc.
“WE THE UNDER SIGNED ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND WE UNDERTAKE TO ABIDE BY THE ASSOCIATION RULES AND REGULATIONS, WE SHALL WORK THE ATTAINMENTS OF THE OBJECTS OF THE ASSOCIATION AND FURTHER WE SHALL UTILIZED THE FUNDS FOR THE ASSOCIATION WORK AND WE SHALL NOT SHARE ANY OF THE FUNDS OF THE ASSOCIATION.”